Sunday 2 January 2011

It Wasn't me.........

Well...what do ya know! I've had the flu virus and have been really unwell the past week.  Really unwell. I'll say no more as just talking about it makes me feel queasy. I'll say this though - getting sick at Christmas  sucks. Big Time. The festive and New year holidays have been and gone before my eyes.....my hubby and son have also been unwell. No chocolates have been eaten. No wine has been drunk. No movies have been watched. No time around the xmas tree has been spent. In a nutshell - someone stole our Christmas (and it WASNT Mr Grinch - we love him) Anyway.........no biggie, because all 3 of us arenow feeling a bit better (hubby and son lots, me - getting there) so we are going to turn back the clock and have Christmas again this week. No wine though - just thinking of it makes me shudder.
 A few chocs maybe and definitely some movies. Scrabble shall be played. Candles will be lit and the scent of Pine and Eucalyptus shall fill the air in my household once again (!) Oh...and the tree is staying up until we decide to take it down. Yeah.

So....for any people who may happen to walk past my house and see the pretty red bow wreath hanging on the door and  the twinkling of christmas tree lights in the windows and a faint sound of "White Christmas" playing in the air (well OK, maybe not that but you get my drift) and are wondering "Why the hell are those strange people still celebrating xmas? Huh?!  Don't they know it's now January?  Duh?"  - It's Christmas time in our house. Now. Today. This week.

Gotta go - mulled wine is waiting (well its NOT wine - it's actually warm blackcurrant - great for this sinus infection, and looks like the real thing!) candles are lit and coin is ready to be flipped - Die Hard (hubby said all the action in it takes place during christmas time!?!) OR Home Alone 2  (erm.....on second thoughts....)

Anyway, for now I'll leave you with 2 greetings - 'Feliz Navidad',  and 'Happy New Year!'

J X

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Enjoy your Xmas this week sound slike you really missed out.............you and your family our on the mend thats the main thing.
So i willo raise my cup of tea Happy christmas and happy new year.
ENJOY BE MERRY HAVE A MINCE PIE OR 2 XXXX