Monday 24 January 2011

Wingin It!

D'ya like them then? My new wings. From today - tonight actually, I am officially up there on the same wing-length of those Victoria's Secrets 'Angels'. Yeah! And so says me. New year, New me...and I'll be damned if I need anyone to decide whether I'm worthy of wearing them. Have I lost the plot? The answer to that is NO. I already had some new 'plans' (more on that later) and then decided to throw the angel bit in for good measure after this little episode: my sis texted me and demanded I "switch on the Entertainment channel 151 NOW and watch the Victoria's Secret Fashion Show" and then started with the "OMG J, how fab are they!" and then "OMG! how emotional it is when they get their wings!" texts. Like your probably wondering now while reading this, (if anyone's reading?) I too, was like "Waaaaaaaa?" Now - I am aware of Victoria's Secret  - isn't it a fab underwear store, and they have all these fab models walking down runways wearing nothing but bra's, panties, and schoolgirl socks - Oh, and of course, and from what I've also noticed fleetingly - they wear wings? Now...and as my sis kindly filled me in - they are 'awarded' with these wings (hence them getting emotional). These wings came in all designs and colours, (think transvestite style at the Mardi Gras) and the girls wearing them looked like they'd literally died and gone to heaven.  I wont pretend to know any more than that - cos I don't (I must ask my VSA obsessed niece sometime what exactly the story is behind it all) - all I know is that they get given these things to attach to their shoulders at some point, and from what I remember seeing - the more established you are, the bigger and better the wing (think Heidi Klum - that bit older, wiser and longer standing 'angel', ...then you've got the lesser known model who hasn't been doing it for as long but then someone decides its her time to fly, so she gets awarded her pair!) It left me wondering - Why? What does it take for them to get some wings? Do ya need to be 'young' and dolly-like? (they were) Fit and statue-esque, with pert boobs, a tight ass, and tumbling locks, (they were) ah..and not forgetting that white bright dazzling smile? WTF...I'd like to know who this WING GIVER is, and exactly how they dictate which women are worthy of wearing them!  - I bet ya a hundred bucks it's a man!

Back to my 'plan'. I know its a bit late into the new year to mention resolutions but mine isn't a resolution as such...it's just a new 'life path' I've decided to take and I shall be walking it from tomorrow! (had a few things to catch up on the last few weeks hence the delay). I'm hoping to take a whole new approach to my health and well being - namely keep (or try to anyway) my hormones in check (and be ever-so-polite and totally ignore any fiends that jump me, Oh - and lose my pass that allows me to get aboard the Hormoneville bus), adopt the most positive mental attitude EVER, (!) not get stressed, eat well, sleep well, exercise well (and be in the best shape of my life) - in a nutshell - Feel goddamn great and look fucking fantastic! And that's even before I get to the grand ole age of 40. Yeah - Moi!

It's approaching. In exactly 7 months and 22 days I shall be gettin on the big Four - O bandwagon. Fourty. Fooorty. Four and Ohhh equals Fourty. 40. WOW - didn't know there were that many ways of putting it down! I cant say I'm 'scared' (for want of another word) but being realistic, isn't it a big thing - youre 40th birthday? It feels like only yesterday I was 21. I do think I look pretty good for my age - considering I'm 39, (and a mum, a wife, an employee and all the rest of those things that makes me Super-F-Woman) I've always looked after myself, kept myself fit and as healthy as I can and I don't feel TOO bad. Well I didn't anyway, until I entered the Hormone Hell that I did, but hey - onwards and upwards is what the 'new' me says.

So - yeah - as from tomorrow, new path - me follow. I wont go into detail about the what's and how's - that's just for me and myself....but it's all gonna be good and I'll be embracing the changes head on! So...as of now, and in preparation for my new start (!) I'm feeling good and looking OK me thinks - well alright....my hair could probably do with a bit of help to look like it's actually alive, and I may not be of  that 'dolly age' or as pert as I once was, - but let me tell you something - no 'real' woman is -not naturally anyway, and certainly not after having a child and all the rest of it! (read my other post's for the 'all the rest of it' info!) I'll say one thing though (wahey! this  positive new me is workin already!) - this 'secret' that this Victoria has - is a crock of shit! There ain't no secret - nor is there any club that says us women have to look like lollypop sucking schoolgirls with sinewy frames and bouncy-ball hair in order to get in - or more importantly - be a part of to get some wings! Whatever your age, if your feeling fab, chances are you look it. So if your feelin it and lookin it - I don't need to tell you what to do next - wipe down those shoulders and put on those wings!

I don't know about yours - but mine are just as I designed them - big, bright and rainbow-esque colourful (like me!) WTF - did I say big? You should see the size of them. Heidi Klum eat ya heart out!

J X

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Im up there with you sista !!!!


Although watching the models strutt there stuff I am taking matters into my own hands regarding getting more healthy .......Fit........Looking after myself!!
Only I can do this!!
As you said Mother with kids and 24 hour job as we do!!
I WILL HAVE WINGS ....WHO ..AWARDED ME THEM......ME MYSELF AND I !!!!
I couldnt of picked a better pair myself ........Friggin Fab!

VICTORIAS SECRET MY A@@ !!!!!


Love your blog so much keep it coming Sista !!!
Mwaaaahhhhhhhhh xxxx