Wednesday 9 February 2011

"L'amato" - ('Loved it' in Italiano!) - AND I STILL DO!

This is a re-post. Reason  being - I watched EPL again last night, and Ohhhhhh - I STILL love it. Everything I thought and felt the first time around, I still think and feel now! In fact - even more so. It has just reminded me just how much I want to change in my life with regard to seeing the world and being marvelled! Im rather annoyed with myself that im still in a situation i voewd to get out of after seeing the movie many months ago now. Me and myself need to have a serious chat I think...and come up with a plan. THE plan. Shall also have a chat with the hubby too I think, as he shares my zest for life and everything else we said we wanted to change in our lives (crappy jobs and whatnot!)What is life if we dont take risks? Especially when we feel we need to. Anyway.......that's for me to sort....so I will just leave you with the below! Happy Reading.


If you haven't yet been to see' Eat, Pray, Love' then more the fool you. I'm Kidding of course, but No -seriously -
I really recommend you go see it sometime soon. Definitely gets the 'Thums Up' from me. I think all women (and men alike) will enjoy. (MY hubby did and I KNOW my little sister will too - sometimes a film magnifies life - SHE will know what I mean). We've not long returned from watching it ourselves and I'm now sitting with a glass of good red  wine (Italian of course = Rome = Italy!) and wanting to tell you what I thought of it!. As mentioned in my previous post ('A Life less Ordinary') the book, on which this film is based, is a favourite of mine, and I was (as I always am when a good book gets made into a movie) quite sceptical as to whether it would be any good. Did I like it? I did. Loved it.
 OK - there were some parts of the book that weren't in the film - but that's usually the case, and films are nearly always a bit more dreamier than real-life, (think fit beautiful people 24/7 and fairytale endings - yeah..zzz) but apart from that I can honestly say it was just as I said about the book - 'Fabulously warm & witty'. Me and the hubby didn't move for the whole time - eyes to the screen from start to finish. I loved the bit where she stayed in Rome - the Italian attitude to life is just fab - and one we should all adopt (think La Dolce Vita, think REALLY enjoying the simple pleasures in life - no rushing around and being consumed by whatever and really focusing on the simple things like family, eating good food and REALLY appreciating it without thinking of the calories being consumed). India was fab too - and it was this bit which grabbed me the most - I felt myself feeling needy - when I say 'needy' I mean just wanting to find MY balance, in both body and mind. There's too much to tell and I'm not wanting to turn this into an episode of  'Film 2010' so I'll again just say what I said earlier - it's a film well worth going to see. Really enjoyed it and I feel exactly like I did after finishing the book - warm and smiley and feeling completely grateful for having what I do have - LOVE, but still wanting feel totally enlightened an 'at ease'. (I'm on a mission). In fact, hubby and I agreed in the car on the way home it's only confirmed to us even more that we still feel as we always have - of wanting to travel more and see the rest of world (the Rome bit did it for him, hence the wine we're drinking now! plus........he also mentioned something about getting a Vespa!?!)


So Yes - EPL gets the 'thums up' from me.


Buona Notte!


J X

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

your little sis here, ELP..i so got it then + more so now,looks like we both got some fine re-tuning to do, im gonna rewind ...and refocus. love u sis.xxx