Tuesday 16 November 2010

BOO!

Well, Well, Well.  Talk about 'speaking too soon'.  Just when I thought I was having  a free run - whaddya  know,  a fiend came and bit me right on the ass, and hissed "Na Na Na -Ya thought wrong!"

Yeah - so here I am, feeling somewhat rattled cos I can feel the little suckers jumping up 'n' down inside me and having a ball! It's just been one of those days - well, the day itself hasn't been THAT bad as such, but you know the type where you just find yourself feeling tense and agitated for no reason at all. Oh, except there IS a reason  - I'm due on my P.  And if I know my body as well as I think I do - it's coming early (hence the visit from the fiends and the 'Hormoneville'  bus parked up outside). Anyway, and before today kicked off -  for the first month in a good few, I physically feel like crap. C.r.a.p. Capital C.  My mojo's gone walkies. Both my boobs are swollen and sore (and not just the LEFT one as would normally be) my face resembles something from Domino's pizza, my hair - wot the hell - Halloween ended last week, and here I am with a witch like greasy-limp-rats-tails type do. I feel ever so tired, ever so sluggish, ever so this and ever so that - and have I ever felt this bad? You kiddin? Yeah -course I have, but not for ages anyway.  On the plus side though (!) mentally and emotionally - so far, it's all good. My mind is 'quiet', my emotion's 'quieter' and I don't feel the need to let loose any crocodile tears - not tonight anyway (and if all goes according to plan and I get rid of the little suckers as intended  - then there wont be any tomorrow either).  My day - I had a 'to do' list as long as my arm (book a hair appointment, buy my little boy a new school coat), a few places to go (bathroom and tile shops) and a few people to see (mother, grandmother) and as far as I knew (last night anyway!) I was going to Do, Go, See, all of it - today.  Did I?  The hell I did. I just couldn't be bothered doing a thing. Well tell a lie - I did actually go on the visits and also managed to go to look at baths and sinks for our planned new bathroom, but even that started to irate me until I told the hubby "just pick any one of the stupid things cos they all look the bloody same".  Cue coffee and a couple of deep breaths. 

I'm having a little laugh cos I've just had a thought - rewind to many months ago - same situation, I'd have most definitely felt worse. WELL worse come to think of it.  There's no way I'd have been able to sit and type this tale in the still manner I am now! In fact, I'd have probably thrown the towel in and turned this netbook off at the sight of the word hormone. It's only as time's gone on and I've become accustomed to being taken over by fiends and dumped in Hormoneville once every 4 weeks, that things have become easier to deal with. As with everything - you get used to it. Now, I'm not saying we should put up with it - no way, what I mean is, you know better how to deal with it - so when you once felt 'scared' (as I did), you now don't, as the 'scary' thing you were dealing with turns out to be not as scary as you thought (errm....did you get that?! See, told ya I was rattled!!)

So, Yeah.  I. AM. HORMONAL. 


J X

No comments: