Thursday 4 November 2010

Drama? What Drama....

Well, would ya believe it! Day 14. Mid month. Mid cycle. All Quiet.......!? 
If  "Don't speak too soon" is anything to go by then I'd better shut up. Normally around this time, the gates of Hormoneville are wide open and waiting to welcome my monthly mate. The fiends (that are MY hormones) would be hangin off said gates screamin and  "YO Woman! Wait till you see what we've got in store for ya this month, lets get the parrrty starrrted!" - then there it would all start, and as always, to the (goddamn)
LEFT !! Now if you're familiar with my earlier posts you'll know just what I'm talking about (if not - read 'To the Left, to the Left') But, and as I mentioned at the beginning (and while touching wood) all seems quiet down the way. Well okay, I've had a bit of a throbbing pain in my left tooth, but that's as bad as it's gotten - even today when the shit hit the fan. Now, said 'bother'
 didn't involve or have anything to do with me at all - I was just a spectator (for a change!) but whilst it was all goin on and tensions were running amok (mine weren't) I was peculiarly calm and stayed on the 'outside looking in and without feeling any of the usual stress that would usually have crept up by now.  I'm not used to this - all this having an 'oh dear' attitude and being oblivious to whatever the drama  - especially when en-route to Hormoneville. Normally other people's worries (at times) become mine - Especially loved ones. If a family member's upset or something I'm usually the first there to find out why, and ask if there's anything  I can do.
Then they or their situation plays on my mind until I think of something to do or say that will make them feel a bit better. If I cant do that, I might go buy them something that I think might cheer them up or, and if I can, offer financial assistance if I think it will help -whatever. But this time -  I didn't.  No. I left them all to it without even realising I had. And you know what - it felt bloody F Fantastic!  Don't get me wrong - I didn't suddenly become ignorant and turn my back on them and the situation -I just sat and listened as I normally would and said all the usual "don't-worry's-about-it-it'll-all-blow-over" kind of thing - I just didn't pass judgment or take sides, nor did I feel swamped with the situation to the point where it had also become mine. It felt good though later on when I was saying my "Cheerios", to walk away and still feel cheery myself. Makes a change.

I dont know. Maybe my hormones are finally starting to find a balance (Ooh,  Looky - just saw a pig up there) or Maybe I've just started to listen to (and agree with) MYSELF that it does no good whatsoever to take on other people's worries (and that I'm only petite therefore these little shoulders can only take the brunt of so much weight, blah, blah!!)  Whatever the reason anyway - its done me good so here's hoping I'll be fiend free for another few weeks at least..... 

...Just saw another pig by the way - and flyin even faster than the one I saw before!

J X

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that fiend found me this month maybe you are getting a break this month loving this blog so much den sl