Sunday 7 November 2010

Thank God for Little Boys!

HA! IF ...just IF ..any little Hormone Fiends had any intention at all today of coming my way - my little boy sure saw the suckers comin and scuppered any plans they had of invading my body or mind (or whatever it was they had planned for me up their dirty sleeves). I woke this morning, a lovely cold sunny day, and before they even had a chance to dive in, my little boy said something to me that sent them all packing - big time:

"Mummy............ "I Thank God for U"

If your'e asking "Did he?? Awwww....No Way!?" - Yes he honestly did, and yeah I was lost for words. For a 5 year old to say that - MY 5 year old.....well.......I wanted to cry. It took me a good few minutes to respond to him cos I was absolutely blown away. I cant even begin to explain how I felt - but never before have I felt so much love for another human being (and a little one at that!)but it was all good..... and there was nothing or nobody that could have made me feel otherwise.  And definitely not a load of the little Fiend Fuckers.
 In the space of just 5 minutes, and before I even had a chance to wake up properly, I was consumed by this big wave of overwhelming happiness. I sat looking at him in awe, wondering when he'd gotten so big and where he'd gotten such words from, and I tell you -  I'd never felt so responsible or so strong at the same time and so alive and so god-knows-what (!)

Now, I'm not saying that in the mornings I'm feeling 'down' before I've even got up - not at all. I'm a sprighty happy person and nearly always wake up with the best of  'feel good' intentions but sometimes though, and (as always?!) depending on the weather in Hormoneville, there are times in the month when no matter how set on being upbeat and positive you are -  it just doesnt happen - and if it does, well it nearly always gets trampled on good and proper - and the 'chemicals' overtake (yeah - thats the other word for H's) But, what d'ya know!  It werent one of those days for me. Mine started off the way it ended - Fab, fun, and full of love.  Okay - so the little fella got to rule the day and choose where we went, so around the musuem I did follow! (I was hardly in a position to argue was I, given the lovely words he'd spoken earlier?!) 

So there ya have it. When you put your mind to something - and YOU give your body and mind the order of the day before something else does - whether it be hormones or anything else that tries to determine how you feel - YOU can be the one in control.  Kids.... they dont know the magic they have sometimes do they? A few spoken words - and the effect is bloody fantastic!

(to my R - I HEART u!)

J X

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sometimes them few little precious words can make you feel on top of the world
.....Loved....Special...So Happy!
Thankgod for our Beautiful Kids x

J said...

How right you are. Thanks for reading

J X

Anonymous said...

how sweet and yes i did say Awwwww he is so loving xx