Thursday 30 September 2010

Post-Men Returns !


Hellooo Again Girl!
NOooo - No 'Post Men' have been to see me, nor have they returned, so don't read too much into the title before you read the rest! (I don't wish neither - Post Men were never MY thing) I'm talking of 'Post Menstrual Tension'! (read my 'Pre-or Post' post!) Again, 3 days AFTER my P. Now, I wont go all melodramatic on you here, because I'm not tired, and don't feel any what crappy. I actually feel and look pretty good, and I'm still very much 'H&H' ! (again, see previous 'H&H' post!)  its the emotional side of things today - and I must say, that for a good few hours today, PostMT proper bitch slapped me!

I'm sitting here now telling you this and laughing. Laughing because it seems funny now, even though it definitely weren't funny then, and if you'd have seen the state of me earlier you'd have laughed yourself. What started it all off - my mum went into hospital today for a small op on her foot. Just after midday I rang the hospital to check that the op went well and that she was OK. she was in only to be told that a 'few women had returned from surgery and were all  in the recovery room, but they couldn't yet tell me how MY mum was because they didn't know WHICH ladies it were exactly that were in recovery' (?!) and for me to 'ring back in an hour' and they would let me know then!!!! ........ Say no more. 
For a good half hour and after being passed from pillar to post then back to pillar (no joke) I managed to locate the ward

Being so pre-occupied with the above worrying about mum - I then realised that I'd not yet had a text from the hubby. Now....I can time my hubby's texts to a Tee. Seriously.
 9.15am - text. 'Hey Beautiful Wife did u arrive to work safe?x', 10.30am - text.  'You OK?x ..... 1pm - text. 'Been busy here today, U?x' ......... and this goes on ALL day until final text around 4pm, 'Let me know what time train you're getting. Love Ux'.  So, I texted him, asked if all was OK and expected a swift reply of "Yes" and that he's "just been really busy at work", but another hour passed, another 5 messages were sent ("You winding me up?? PLEASE let me know you're OK") but still nothing.  Enter the PostMT.

Is mum OK? Is hubby OK? mum, hubby, mum, hubby....then I started feeling unpleasantly flushed then unpleasantly weepy THEN the 'pleasant' salad Id enjoyed earlier started the unpleasant climb back up my throat, then the worrying started and the 'visions'! (You know where you play out a scene in your head? - well yeah, just like that - except MY 'scenes' are usually the 'way-over-the-top-no-need-for-it' dramatic type) I was sat at my desk wanting to kill the hubby cos I thought he'd already been killed (confused? Imagine how I felt!) I sent another 2 messages then got my colleague to ring his work phone (she insisted!) and there, on the other end, was hubby's voice! - she explained why SHE was ringing - HE confirmed he was fine (yeah!!....and-alive-and-bloody-well-kicking and-probably-enjoying-a nice-post-lunch-cuppa-and-rolling-his-eyes-and-grinning at my 'drama' and thinking 'ohhh, for god's sake wife'. Huh -TYPICAL male reaction to a damsel in hormone distress!) He also said that he'd sent ME many messages and wondered why he'd not had any replies...blah blah blah ....and he came to the conclusion that there must be some sort of problem with MY phone (we later found out there was!!)  I soon found out that mum was OK too and it was only then that I started to chill a little - and then the hormone fiends start backing off!

What a pantomime.  Now....to some, this little 'drama'  may sound like it was nothing much worth me getting my knickers into a twist over because everything was OK and I was probably overreacting a bit and  'over thinking too much' (as hubby said - huh..what would he know?!) BUT, I assure you, when you enter Hormoneville (well, when I do, even if just for a 'flying visit '- hence the few hours of hell!) it's sometimes bloody hard to get out! I really felt emotional and my mind was up to all sorts of no-good thinking! I was worried about her (mum) him (hubby) and I (myself) !! What a lot of worry for a little woman and it has I admit, been a good few months since I felt THAT worrysome!

Oh well.... I'm OK now, and as I mentioned earlier, having a little laugh about it!  US women are funny sometimes, even if I'm being the judge of that! Ha - I cant wait for the next lot of 'Post-Men' to arrive (not!)

J X

No comments: