Wednesday 1 September 2010

Pre or Post?

'Post Menstrual Tension' - does this really exist? I think so. No....I take that back - I dont THINK so - I KNOW so. Whatever happened to just PRE menstrual tension?. The reason I say - things my end seem to have shifted, and now instead of  feeling a bit premenstrual PRIOR to having my P, I seem to be feeling it POST! It's now 3 days since I said 'Au Revoir' to my monthly friend (yes - NOT Goodbye, as said 'friend' most definitly will be back, give or take 3 to 4 weeks. Now I would normally be spot on day 28 but lately and more so toward my 39yrs of age, has been making it's own mind up and visiting unannounced - 'Hellllooooo Honey - Im back'! (are you? well your 3 days bloody early'! - scuse the pun).
 


Today I've lost my mojo. Yes, that little spark that makes you feel like YOU and puts a spring in your step. I feel really tired and think that I LOOK really tired....('No you dont' says hubby -  'You look tired' says friend Brigette') my back is sore (muscle strain apparently - but Im sort of swaying toward the idea that any achy limbs are part of the Perimenopause package!) and my hair feels greasy - even though I only washed it today. Im feeling rather subdued and somewhat emotional, blah, blah, blah.....  So yes, there's definitely some post hormonal thingy going on.   Hubby, as always is great - Your'e tired love because we've been walking around the zoo all day, and it has been really warm' ....and .... 'Dont worry about your back love - I will ring the Physio for you tomorrow' .    Men - Fathers, brothers, husbands, boyfriends, loverboys -whatever the label you have for the men in your life - as much as we love them - will NEVER understand the strength of being hormonal!  Just yesterday during an MSN chat with my sister (she lives abroad you see) we were on the topic of  her 'going to get her coil removed' when she asked me.....'WHY is it that we always wake up with something wrong? If it's not a headache, its a boob pain, if it's not a boob pain, its a stomach pain.......WHY doesnt HE ever have anything wrong with him? WHY is it always ME?'.  My reply was simple - 'Because we are women girl!....Men...they dont have the hormone hell we do'!  (I'm a firm believer our hormones controll EVERYTHING that goes on in our bodies - without question!)  She agreed of course BUT then added   'I think HE's never unwell  because he's been taking Omega 3 for 10 years' !? (Total Poppycock!)

The good thing though about days like these (speaking for myself here)  - when your'e feeling lack lustre and not quite yourself - is that they only last the day...SO....me thinks I'll have a nice hot bath, maybe a lickle glass of red, and then get snug in bed with the hubby. Sometimes a nice hug and a  good nights sleep is all thats needed (and I'll wake with my mojo firmly under my pillow!)


J X

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

After being told I have gained 2 Stone in 8 Years ........Possible side effect from the Coil I am well and Truly P@@@@@ OFF!!
The darn thing as been removed and Im feeling Ok ....No Pain What So Ever!!
I Feel free ........If you know what I mean.
So to add to my Hormonal Ups and Downs I am now on a strict eating plan and learning to Clean my Body of Toxins!! Its my 4th day and believe it or not i feel SLIMMER!
I know it wont happen over night but .....Boy I Am On A Mission......!! Still taking my Aggy Cacky as I call them and Folic Acid Supplements because of the removal of the Coil!!
So for the moment I am feeling good, Fingers crossed I stay that way!
Also Headaches!! Havent had one in days...........Very Very Strange for me, but im not complaining.

Isnt this absolutely Great that we can share 1 thing All Us Women have in common ............The time of the month!
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx